When registering a group or team, the captain or primary registrant may not know all the names of the group members or players. Is there a way for the person registering to go back in later and modify their team to insert the rest of the team members?
Yes, the team captain can go back in later and add or update the names of the additional team members. To do this, follow one or both of the methods below:
1. Enable Login
The captain will need to have created a login (username and password) upon registration. In order for the team captain to create this login, you will need to enable the Username/Password field in your account by going to Website -> Fields. An administrator will also need to enable the Account Profile - Allow Group Management for Captain field at Events -> Settings -> Advanced Settings.
Now the team captain can access his/her captain profile to update team member's information by following these steps:
- Please have him/her go to your public site and click on the Login link that is located just below your menu.
- Once logged in, click on the link "Group/Team Management"
- Then click on the "Group name" or "View" links.
- On the next screen, the team captain will see the team members. To update any of the member he/she can click on the member name, complete the update and hit 'Update' to save the changes.
If this is not working, see this FAQ on Why can't the Team Captain edit the Participants' names in his/her group?
2. Enable Invited Participant Emails
Another option that works well for events such as golf tournaments where your captains do not need a username and password is to update information via the Invited participant emails. To use this feature, be sure that the Send Invitation Emails field is enabled from Events -> Settings -> Advanced Settings. Captains can register with 'TBD' and their own email in the additional registrant fields. Later, they can click on the emailed link to update their participant data or forward the email to their invited participants.
Also, administrators can update team members, following the directions found here.