You used DoJiggy last year, and you are gearing up for this year's event. You wish to re-purpose your website for this year's event and are wondering the simplest way to do so.
We do not delete any of your data. When you renew your service, your data will be just as you left it last year. Restarting from last year's event is easy if you follow the directions below.
When restarting your event, you have two options, you can either Clone the event or you can Clear all the data from the current event.
A) Cloning your previous event with all data intact
B) Saving & clearing data - then working over top of last year's event
A) CLONING YOUR EVENT
Event cloning allows administrators to clone their existing event into a new, duplicate copy. Cloning allows you to keep last year's website pages and all data as an archive. You can then easily modify the new event, while maintaining historical access to the old one. Your event participants and orders will not be cloned, as you will not want those in the system for this year.
We recommend this solution, so that you can archive your data.
To clone your event, go to Events -> Settings and click on Clone This Event. Create a new event name and subhost (ie add the year here). You can then access last year's data from Events ->Overview, Show Inactive Events button.
NOTE: If you are are a returning DoJiggy Payments by WePay client, you will need to create a new Payment Account by going to Tools->Payment Settings and click the link "Please click here to Create Payment Account." For further information, please see this Help FAQ. There is a full list of exactly what is cloned and instructions for cloning in this cloning FAQ.
B) SAVING AND CLEARING PROCEDURES
- From Events -> Settings, change the Start Date/Time. This is the new date of your event. Make sure all dates and prices found here are valid. You may wish to set the Registration Start Date to a future date, since you will not want to take registrations yet. However, setting this to the future will disable the registration page until that date. Hit the Update button when your Settings are updated.
- Check to see if you still have Participant data under People - > Participants. This will be last year's participant data. Click the Download button to save last year's participant information in either PDF, Excel, CSV, HTML, or Print. Downloading reports often provides more information than you will see on your screen (ie the Participant Report provides full participant data such as phone, address, email, etc.). This step will download your data to be used for future reference.
NOTE: You may want to inform last years participants about this years event. To send them an email, click Email -> Compose. Select Participants (or Sponsors) in the To: field, add your subject and your message. This will send a message to all of the registered Participants or Sponsors from last year.
- Download any Order data you want to archive from the Reports -> Orders menu by clicking the Download button and saving the report.
- Once you are sure that you have stored all relevant data, you can clear your data from Tools -> Clear System Data. Check the data you want to clear. You will want to clear the Participant data and Order data, and may choose to clear the Sponsor and other data as well. This will delete all checked data permanently, so make sure you have the downloads you need from step 3.
- Update all website pages from Website -> Pages - make sure all content is up to date and current.
- Open registration with the Registration Start Date at Events -> Settings and test your payment processor. Even though you used the same processor last year, be sure to run a test registration before going live.